David K. Pinsonneault
David K. Pinsonneault
Dave Pinsonneault believes in fair fights and just results, principles that have guided his professional judgment for more than 30 years. Until a fair result is achieved, he does not rest.
Dave is chair of the law firm’s Commercial Litigation Section. He is an advocate for clients in business, bankruptcy, probate and other civil disputes in state and federal courts as well as in arbitration proceedings. He has been given the highest peer review rating by Martindale Hubbell (“AV”). Dave’s persistence, judgment and thoughtfulness have served his clients well:
- Dave negotiated a fair, financially sound and compassionate resolution to more than 30 sex abuse claims. Among other things, he achieved a degree of co-operation from his clients’ insurers that larger institutions never approached.
- Dave concluded an agreement with the City of Nashua to take by eminent domain a manufacturing facility in the path of the proposed Broad Street Parkway years before the expected construction of that roadway. The early taking of this property was critical to the client’s survival because the factory needed substantial renovations that could not be made while the Parkway project was pending.
- Dave successfully represented a national financial institution that provides floor plan financing for car dealers in a case where a dealer went out of trust and then went out of business owing the client hundreds of thousands of dollars plus lawyers’ fees. The case involved not only proceedings to repossess the client’s remaining collateral but also dealing with the N.H. Attorney General’s office that acted on behalf of customers who did not get their cars and with a major financial institution that attempted to assert that the client’s repossession of its collateral wrongfully caused the bank to suffer losses. The latter issue required an understanding of credit card industry processes and the Uniform Commercial Code as applied to that industry.
- Dave successfully represented a landowner in a claim against a manufacturer that dumped a substantial amount of hazardous waste on the client’s property. In addition to making a financial recovery for the client, Dave negotiated a long term management plan with state environmental regulators.
- Dave made a recovery for a start-up company in a claim against its former counsel who failed to comply with state securities laws when creating a private stock offering for the client.
- Dave has represented regional and national financial institutions in Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court. Among other things, he successfully negotiated appropriate plan provisions on behalf of a client with a $6 million claim.
- Dave and his partner, Peter Bennett, successfully represented senior management of a subsidiary to a publicly traded company in that management’s buy-out of the subsidiary. This representation included securing several millions of dollars of startup funding from the seller.
- Dave has made recoveries against insurance agents and brokers for negligently providing services to their clients including failures to renew policies and failures to advise their clients of needed coverages.
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Nashua Bar Association (President, 1995)
- Trustee and Secretary, Nashua Public Library (1986 to present)
- Past Chairman, Nashua Catholic Regional School System
- New Hampshire (State and Federal Courts)
- 1st Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Claims
- J.D., University of New Hampshire Law School, formerly Franklin Pierce Law Center (1977)
- International licensing program, University of Strasbourg (1976)
- Nathan Burkan Memorial Competition prize in Copyright Law (1977)
- B.A., St. Anselm College (1973)